Regulatory compliance has become a main stay in the business world as a way to institute adherence to common laws, regulations, and guidelines/specifications to business processes. Violations to these regulatory compliances often result in legal punishment. Regulatory compliance can be maintained in such areas as the following:
- Integrity Management
- Public Awareness
- Operator Qualification
- Operations and Maintenance
- Cyber Security
- Control Room
With regulatory compliance being incorporated into every part of business, companies are being faced with how to manage staying in compliance while maintaining business demands. A. Miller Consulting Services, Inc. (MCS) helps companies successfully manage regulatory compliance through the following areas:
- Gap Analysis/Recommendations
- Plan/Process Updates
- Records Management
- Audit Preparations
Performing a gap analysis between the existing documents (e.g., processes/plans, records, etc.) and the current regulatory question set allows MCS to identify existing gaps. MCS uses those gaps to create recommendations and action items to help the company identify areas where they can increase compliance and program effectiveness.
MCS uses recommendations and action items to help the company update its plans with the appropriate verbiage and update/add missing procedures/forms. MCS ensures that these updates are clear and concise.
Regulatory compliance requires maintaining good records that are easily accessible and organized. MCS helps clients perform the following:
- Creates record books that are either electronic or are in hard copy.
- Makes sure the records are traceable, verifiable, and complete.
- Performs follow-ups for records that need missing or corrected information.
- Helps document inconsistencies.
Alexander Graham Bell said, “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” Allowing MCS to run a mock audit is the best way to ensure preparedness. Mock audits allow the following:
- Limits the risk and allows the company to identify and correct any problems before the audit begins.
- Enhances current policy and procedures for optimal performance.
- Ensures accessibility of records. Provides time to document any irregularities in program’s data and how the situation is being resolved.
- Prepares compliance personnel.
Once the mock audit has been completed, MCS provides recommendations of what the company needs to address before the official audit.
MCS is committed to providing companies with its regulatory compliance expertise and services.